Monday, April 02, 2007

Birthday Fun

Yesterday we went to our cousin, Patrick Marinelli's 8th birthday party. Before we left for the party I told Matthew where we were going. He immediately said birthday cake. Then on our way there he said, "I can, I can blow candles." I told him I knew he could blow out candles, but the candles on the cake would be for Patrick to blow out. He didn't like that response so he told me again, "I can blow candles." So I told him that the candles were Patrick's. Once again he said, "I can blow candles." Once again I told him the candles were Patrick's. Then in all seriousness he said, "Share." Nuff said about that.

Last night after prayers I started singing lullabies, as is our custom. Matthew asked me, "Sing Happy Birthday Patrick." This threw me for a loop because usually if he wants me to sing Happy Birthday it is to himself, but I guess he was getting more used to the idea of sharing birthday fun with Patrick. Anyway, he ended up requesting the song five times last night. It was after the fifth time I told him it was time for bed. Whew.

No comments: