Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Fourth

We had a fabulous Fourth of July! The day began with the fishing rodeo at the country club. Matthew and his daddy caught three brim! Technically, Steve did the casting and waiting, then Matthew reeled them in. That was just the start of the day. After nap time we went to Moon Lake. First we played at the Mohead's, then we had dinner at the Tyner's. Surprisingly, I did not forget my camera! Remember, if you click on a picture it will pop up bigger.


Here are the great fishermen! I never said they were big brim!


Matthew won 5 bucks for his fishing expertise!


Mary Thomas and Ellie Tucker; Matthew; Jack Mohead


Matthew is sitting in the chair watching the fireworks. The wind took an unexpected turn and blew smoke in his eyes.


Matthew and Hannah Mullens on Mike Tyner's boat. Hannah and Matthew love each other. Hannah is incredibly sweet to him. I wish I could say Matthew was sweet to Hannah. Hopefully that will come with age!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Looks like fun! Love that Cards hat. : )

Anne Clark said...

When Papa was on a business trip in St. Louis he picked that up for Matthew. Matthew was too little to appreciate it at the time the gift was give, but now he loves it! Our next trip to Colorado we will need to pick up a Rockies hat...or maybe we will just be fair weather fans and stick with the Cards hat!