Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Hospital Stay Was Not In the Plans

We were in Atlanta last week to visit family and watch some football. I was not planning on adding a visit to the hospital to our agenda, but I got a stomach virus. Thankfully, the baby and I are just fine now, but it was one hell of a week.

Precious, Matthew and I drove to Atlanta Sunday, Sept. 9. Tuesday night around 6:00 PM I started to feel nauseated, but I dismissed it as hunger pains. By 10:00 PM I was in full stomach virus mode. After a wretched night, I woke Precious up at 6:30 AM and asked her to take me to the hospital. We checked in Dekalb Medical Center where they pumped me up with IV fluids and anti-nausea meds. I was seriously dehydrated, but the baby was just fine. Steve was scheduled to fly to Atlanta Wednesday anyway. He just caught an earlier flight.

They kept me in the hospital until Friday late afternoon. Steve went to the Georgia Tech game Saturday night while I stayed at Mags house resting. We drove home Sunday.

It is so good to be home. I had a scheduled appointment with Dr. Balthrop Monday afternoon. Baby and I are just fine. However the doctor has clipped my wings. She told me Memphis is the farthest I may travel. So I no more trips for me.

The count down to baby has seriously begun. Only 9 more weeks to reach 40. Let's hope the rest of the pregnancy is less eventful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Piper
Just do what Joni told you to do six weeks a go, 'NOTHING'.
We love you much, Mate & Joni.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home and feeling all better... you worried me for a minute. Love Max

Hilary said...

AC! I'm so sorry. Yuk. I had the same thing happen to me about 9 weeks before Will was born. I was so dehydrated that I was having contractions. Its very scary. I'm so glad that you are better now. We look forward to the arrival of this little one!