Saturday, March 01, 2008

It Should Be Named Downing Monthly

We have been seriously out of touch with the blog. I offer my sincere apologies. Here is a run-down of the last few weeks:

Matthew turned three, and I turned thirty one. His birthday was much more fun to celebrate. We had a big firefighter theme bash complete with a visit from our friendly neighborhood firefighters and firetruck. Our favorite firefighter, Uncle Robert, brought the pumper truck so the kids were able to spray water from a real fire hose! Oh was that fun!

Maxine visited at the perfect time. She was able to help with the birthday party and shower Matthew with Christmas and birthday presents. It was great having her here for the festivities!

The birthday party was pretty much the highlight of the last few weeks. That next week, Matthew stuck playdoh up his nose. I took him to the local ENT who couldn't find anymore playdoh, but did think that Matthew had allergies. He put him on a decongestant for 2 weeks. That was probably Matthew's saving grace because we have all had colds except him.

Margaret's cold started a few days before the birthday extravaganza. My cold began the day after, and we are still not well. Margaret was on an antibiotic and decongestant for two weeks. About a week ago she started to run a temperature, 101.5. The doctor felt like it was not related to the cold. He felt like the antibiotic would take care of anything bacterial so we shouldn't worry. She only ran a fever for one day, but had diarrhea for many more days. I think the diarrhea was either from a little virus (consistent with the fever) or the antibiotic. Nevertheless, she is over the poopsies but still congested. She goes back to the doctor Tuesday for 4 month shots. We are going to take Matthew in for that visit too. I want Dr. Ram to double check this whole allergies diagnosis given by the ENT.

Steve and I had doctor appointments yesterday. Steve just began having symptoms of the same horrific cold I have been cursed with for three weeks now. Hopefully he will nip it in the bud before he gets to my stage of the dreadful thing. The good doctor gave me an antibiotic. I am ready to be well!!

Matthew has really been saying some funny things lately. Here's one that sticks out. We were talking about Seasons. I told him there was Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I asked him what was his favorite Season. He replied, "Hunting Season."

Again, I am sorry for the long hiatus from the blog. Hopefully I will be more faithful in March!

No comments: