Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A New First For Matthew

Matthew has 4 stitches on the upper portion of his left cheekbone. Yesterday morning he was trying to get a teddy bear off the top shelf of the bookcase in his room. As you can imagine, the bookcase fell on top of him. Steve immediately called Dr. Ram, and we went straight to the clinic. There Dr. Ram gave Matthew his first stitches. Of course there were lots of cries and tears, but Matthew held up like a champ. Dr. Ram said he did very well. Now it is time for it to heal.

His eye is practically swollen shut, but he can open it a little to see. It doesn't look infected. Dr. Ram called this morning, and said it sounds like everything is healing as it should. I will try to take some pictures this afternoon and get those posted on the blog asap.

I need to post Easter pictures too. We had a big time in Atlanta this past weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud to say, I got my first stitches when I was three, in my forehead, I climbed up to and fell out of the living room window (I think my mother pushed me, she never did deny it).
Now, do we call the dog Rocky, or may be Matthew has earned that pugilistic name!!!!
Love, Mate.

The Johnsons' said...

Poor Baby, I am so glad he is ing okay. The things that parents have to look forward too! Hope everything else is going well.
Love, Lesley